Monday, February 2, 2015

Why I started

Today, I was browsing through Facebook.  A friend of mine posted an article, "102 Things You Should Really Give Up for Lent."  Being that I always look to give something up that challenges me in some way, I clicked on it.  Truth be told, it was not actually my cup tea. But I did follow up with the link in article's description, and I am quite glad I did.  As a matter of fate (by the Grace of God if you rather), my eyes skipped to #8.


"One year for Lent I wrote a letter each day. I made a list of 40 people who have touched my life in one way or another. Each day of Lent, I wrote a person on the list a letter of thanks for how they touched my life and I prayed for that person on that day... it was a wonderful experience!"

Needless to say, I got so wrapped up with her idea that didn't finish the article immediately.
What I did do, however, was make a commitment for this Lenten season.
Starting February 15th(Ash Wednesday), I will follow in Patty's foot steps.
 I am excited to see what I am going to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment